Like pretty much every other teenager in the world, I love music.
And like pretty much every other teenager I also enjoy keeping up to date with all the current releases. I mean, I enjoy listening to the songs and all but when you’re a teenager, you’re meant to be well-versed in the current pop culture, otherwise other teenagers will collectively gasp at your lack of knowledge.
But like I said, I also enjoy it.
So I started playing the guitar this year, and upon a surge of inspiration, decided to start a band with a few of my friends. (The ironic part is, I’m not actually PLAYING the guitar in the band, I’m not that good yet, so i’m just doing vocals.)
Anyway, we haven’t done anything yet, but we hope to practice soon and after loads of not-quite-relevant band meetings, I decided to turn to the more emo side of YouTube and explore other bands.
I suppose I previously thought bands were overrated and hence chose not to listen to them, and
I was right I WAS SO DAMN WRONG.
Bands, are GREAT. Now I know, some of them are pathetic (No, I’m not talking about mine, we’re getting there okay) but there are bands that’ll blow your MIND.
So i’m your typical EDM music obsessed teen, BUT NOW i’m obsessed with both EDM and not-EDM music.
So here is a list of songs you might never have come across but are really good.
(Warning: this is not your typical playlist with all the latest music by famous artists, this is a list of lesser known songs that you may just love as much as me.)
1. HOUSE OF MEMORIES – Panic! At The Disco (band)
I recently started listening to them and they’re AMAZING. Although the band’s split up now so this song is only by the lead, but the next song on the list has all the P!ATD members.
2. I WRITE SINS NOT TRAGEDIES – Panic! At The Disco (warning: the song has a bad word)
3. HOMEMADE DYNAMITE – Lorde
4. CHOKE – I don’t Know How But They Found Me (another band)
5. SLOW DOWN LOVE – Louis the Child feat. Chelsea Cutler
6. TALK IS OVERRATED – Jeremy Zucker (again bad words, but the tune’s oddly therapeutic to me)
7. GLAD YOU CAME – The Wanted (this one’s old, but give it a chance)
8. ROCKSTAR/ HOW YOU REMIND ME – Nickleback (again, the songs are ancient, but old is gold right? And yes, those are two separate songs, I just felt like they needed to take one spot. I DON’T KNOW OKAY. SUE ME)
Now you may have heard some of these, and that’s okay. I said you MIGHT not know them.
Well, that’s all I have for you now.
So until next time.